A fantastic opportunity is available to work with a rapidly growing technology company based in Glasgow City Centre (role can be remote or office based).
In this hybrid role our client are seeking a customer focused Business Analyst or Scrum Master, with a proven track record of owning and successfully delivering Technology projects. You should have the desire to be part of a strong delivery team, building high quality software which will shape the future of the company.
Your focus will be working with the various business units to help shape requirements, prioritise features and produce documentation for consumption by the development and QA teams, whilst overseeing the agile software development process, encouraging, enabling, and energising people to realise their potential.
Candidates would benefit from having experience of the modern SDLC and how to use TDD, BDD, DDD and standardised user stories to aid the delivery across all disciplines. Experience with the Atlassian suite is essential.
- Collect and rationalise business requirements from internal and external users
- Own the prioritisation process of the requirements backlog
- Document system requirements at both high and low levels
- Ownership and maintenance of a feature catalogue
- Become the point of contact for business feature requests and functionality enquiries
- Capture and own customer insights to feed into feature and development prioritisation
- Proactively propose and drive improvements to the software and processes
- Produce accurate process and data flow diagrams
- Oversee the Agile processes within company, bringing your experience and industry expertise to the team, and a culture of continuous improvement
- Plan, initiate, facilitate and oversee release of sprints
- Report on and coordinate releases with business units
- Remove impediments raised by the development team to improve flow and velocity
- Work with Business Analysts to ensure that any backlog is prioritised and that requirements are clear and ready to develop
- Ownership of complex and high profile customer issues, working with colleagues, both within and outside of the development team, to resolve
- Ensure that scrum values, practises and rules are enacted and enforced
- Support team building and development, creating a culture of openness
- Must be able to work in the Glasgow City Centre office at least 2 days per month
- 5+ years in the software industry
- Atlassian suite (Jira and Confluence)
- Ability to produce internal and external quality documentation
- Agile project management techniques
- Customer centric requirements analysis
- Effective communication and information reporting
- Data analysis, modelling and visualisation
- QA experience, understanding of Cucumber / Gherkin
- CI/CD and delivery pipeline experience
- Development or Operations experience
If you are interested in building high quality software in an award winning, established and fast growing tech company, please send us your CV now!!