One of the UK’s leading E-Commerce companies are looking for a Frontend Developer to join their Web Development team in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne (Gateshead, Team Valley). Their team is expanding due to the company’s continued success and they are planning on adding a new developer to the current team which consists of 10 developers across frontend and back end web development.
This role is best described as a ‘Mid Level Frontend Developer’ role. As such, it would suit someone with a least a couple of years’ (2-3 years) experience as a Frontend Web Developer.
For this role, one of the most important things they are looking for is someone with the right attitude and approach to code. They are also on the hunt for a Frontend Developer who is passionate about Web Development and who is open to the possibility of becoming a Full Stack Developer in the future as there is currently a skills gap in the team for this type of developer. That said, the future percentage split between frontend and backend coding for this role with likely be weighted 80% frontend and 20% backend.
- One of the UK’s leading E-Commerce companies
- Established more than 10 years ago
- 1000 staff across the UK
- Head office is in Gateshead (Team Valley)
- Mid Level Frontend Developer (with 20% backend coding in the future)
- Joining a large team of 10 Web Developers (including both Frontend and Backend Developers)
- Reporting to the Web Development Manager (who will also be in charge of mentoring and developing your technical skills in Web Development)
- Lots of new and exciting projects to work on from scratch
- Lots of training and development and mentoring will be given including enhancing technical skills with new and emerging technologies such as Angular.js (Angular.js is NOT a requirement for this role)
- Opportunity to work on an end to end E-Commerce solution for a large and growing company as a Frontend Developer as well as being trained up into a Fullstack Developer in the future
The Ideal Candidate:
- Frontend Web Developer with 2-3 years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Passionate about Frontend web technologies with an interest in E-Commerce would be ideal
- Interested in becoming a Fullstack Developer in the future (working 80% Frontend / 20% Backend coding)
- Interested in learning Angular.js in the future
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Frontend Developer who is looking to take the next step in their career by joining a large company who really invests in their Software Developers and training to become a Full Stack Developer in the future.
If you are interested in finding out more about this amazing opportunity, please send your CV now!