They build a web and mobile app that creates a marketplace for vulnerable or lonely people to connect with people local to them who can help with companionship and day-to-day tasks.
Here’s a little of what you can expect in the role;
- Working with the founders of the business you will continue to expand the product offering from a technical perspective and remove any technical debt ready for large expansion plans.
- You will have overall ownership of the code base and take pride in its quality.
- Currently there are two more developers in the team who you will mentor and manage.
- You will also be expected to hire and develop more engineers as the company grows.
- Bring in best practices that you use to ensure the engineering team is achieving all it should be.
We are looking for;
- A hands-on technology leader. You will be super comfortable writing code and setting the standard for others to follow.
- You will have committed to a full time product role in the past and can showcase how you helped that product over several years from both a technical and business perspective.
- You will have prior start-up experience – we need someone who can maintain their cool and vision at an ultra fast pace.
- Experience managing and hiring a team of expert software engineers. You will be expected to grow a team around you.
- Prior exposure to building a product using micro-services and an appreciation for when this method should and shouldn’t be used.
Under normal working conditions the office is based in Redfern and obviously at the moment you have the option to work 100% remotely. When normal life resumes you will be expected to be in the office 4 days a week and can work from home on the 5th day. The interview process will take place via Zoom etc.
If this role doesn’t quite suit what you are looking for please check out our other vacancies at www.digitalent.agency