One of the UK’s leading E-Commerce companies are looking for a Junior Developer to join their Web Development team in Newcastle-upon-Tyne (Gateshead). Their team is expanding due to the company’s continued success and they are planning to add at least 2 new developers to their current team.
This role is best described as a ‘Graduate/Junior Web Developer’ role, as such, it would suit a recent graduate or a Junior Developer with 1-2 years’ experience.
The successful candidate will work with teams delivering projects covering internal systems and their website portfolio. Through projects, ongoing training and development will help the successful candidate to develop specific areas of expertise for which they will be recognised.
Among the most important attributes they are looking for, are someone who is self-motivated and passionate, with the right attitude and approach to code. Ultimately they are looking for Graduate/Junior Web Developers who are passionate about Web Development, and who have drive, energy and are eager to learn.
- One of the UK’s leading E-Commerce companies
- Established more than 10 years ago
- 1000 staff across the UK
- Head office is in Gateshead
- To join a large team of Web Developers (with expertise covering the full stack)
- Reporting to the Web Development Manager (who will also be in charge of mentoring and developing your technical skills)
- Lots of training, development and mentoring will be given including enhancing technical skills with new and emerging technologies
- Opportunity to work on an end to end E-Commerce solution for a large and growing company
The Ideal Candidate:
- Junior Web Developer (either recent graduate or 1-2 years experience)
- Mobile / Responsive web design / Git experience
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Passionate about web technologies with an interest in E-Commerce
Experience in the below would be preferred but is not essential:
- Exposure to SQL database / Azure / AWS
- Understanding of SMACSS/BEM
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate or Junior Web Developer who is looking to take the first / next step in their career, by joining a large company who really invests in their Software Developers.
If you are interested in finding out more about this amazing opportunity, please send your CV now!!