Are you a highly experienced Data Analytics professional looking for a new challenge?
If the answer is Yes, Digitalent have the perfect opportunity for you! Our client is an award-winning and growing FinTech company. We are seeking an experienced PowerBI Developer to join their team in Manchester and ideally a Senior Power BI Developer who is looking to make the move to a Lead role with this move.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the business, gathering requirements, and translating them into credible and digestible solutions
- Ingesting data from a variety of group wide data sources and performing required transformations in Power BI query editor
- Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
- Designing effective layouts using themes and report grids
- Utilising the navigation features in Power BI (e.g. bookmarks, drill-throughs) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story
- Working with our business colleagues to manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes and fixing any defects identified
- Publishing reports via the Power BI service, managing them through distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access
- Shaping an approach for governance and deployment of Power BI in mid-size organisations
Have you got what it takes?
The role requires drive, energy and passion and will suit anyone looking to make a big difference in an organisation that is growing fast and developing capabilities in advanced analytics and machine learning, working alongside an innovative Technology department, working at the heart of the business and recognised as foundational to the success of the wider organisations strategy and success.
What do you need?
- A broad skill set with previous hands-on expertise defining and leading initiatives in MI / data environments that go on to deliver value through insight and decision making
- Extensive experience in BI tools (e.g. PowerBI) and associated design patterns for visualisation
- Knowledge of data architecture and data warehouses
- Experience working in A/B testing environment developing and testing hypothesis
- Collecting requirements through standard techniques like, focus groups, workshops
- Documenting business requirements using appropriate documentation standards
- Working collaboratively internally and with partners to deliver the right solution and MI solution for the business
- Need the ability to design a fully integrated suite of reports using consistent definitions and report formats
- Needs to be highly diligent in ensuring consistency across the suite of reports including: data definitions, timescales, formats, etc
- Competent at building in trend analysis and warning flags
- Ambition to take on a management / lead role in the near future
What’s on offer?
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Westfield Enhanced Healthcare plan
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Buy & Sell Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a range of retailer discounts through our benefits platform
- Events club run by staff for the staff
If you would like to have a confidential chat about this opportunity, please send us your CV now!