At Digitalent we are delighted to be working with an award winning creative agency based in a modern office in Manchester City Centre close to Piccadilly, who work with a range of global brands covering a variety of industries including lots of clients in the drinks industry. They collaborate with their clients, offering them a full scope creative solutions to help them grow their brands, everything from brand, videography, social media and websites.
They are currently looking for a PHP Developer to join their small team, working with their Head of Digital to grow their technical capability across a number of different clients’ websites.
- Development of new website builds and developing new features for current websites
- Maintaining existing websites (some of which are very large and extensive across a number of industries) and resolving any issues relating to them in a timely and professional manner
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Evaluate feasibility and recommend technical solutions
- 4+ years PHP Development experience (PHP, MySQL, Linux)
- Demonstrable expertise in WordPress (both themes and plugin development)
- PHP including previous exposure to MVC frameworks
- CSS / SASS / LESS
- Version control systems such as Git
- Unit testing
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- They are a small, close-knit team so someone who is team-oriented is a must
- Propel ORM
- Performance and Optimisation techniques
- Familiarisation with Bootstrap / Foundation CSS frameworks
- In addition to PHP they are also expanding into static site generators such as Jekyll and GatsbyJS, so any knowledge of this would be beneficial but isn’t required.
What they offer
- Train / Tram season ticket loan – get up to 12 weeks free travel
- Flexible working hours, ability to work from home on occasion
- Bike to work scheme
Please apply if you would like to work for an exciting, creative business that really values it’s employees! They offer a friendly, team-oriented environment, and have remote and flexible work options available.