Ruby on Rails Developer – Start-up
– Leading edge technology
– Fast paced environment where your voice will be heard
– Working in a team of senior Rails devs
We are recruiting for a start-up in the SaaS space who are building a product which will revolutionise the market they are operating within.
On offer is a role which will sit within a senior team of Ruby on Rails developers working in a fast paced Agile environment to build and improve a SaaS product which has just been launched in to the market. The role is going to be frantic and challenging as real customer feedback begins to flood back to the engineering team.
Here’s what the team are looking for;
- Ideally two years commercial Rails experience working on a Rails product which you can showcase and talk through development challenges you faced. If you don’t have commercial experience a personal project will suffice but it must be at an advanced stage, not just a twinkle in your eye.
- As well as commercial experience my client is keen for the successful candidate to have a certain proactively and curiousness about them when it comes to software design and problem solving. You will be asked about problems you have faced when designing solutions using RoR and how you came to the solution you did.
- You will need to be proud of the work you produce. If someone reviewed your code would they see well structured, maintainable, tested and clearly documented code? This is going to be imperative as the product continues to mould to the needs of the market.
Some of the benefits of working for this exciting start-up include;
- The chance to work with a team of 4 senior Ruby on Rails developers who are keen and invested in training up an engineer to be at their skill level. While at the same time investigating new technologies as a team and deciding on the pro’s and con’s as a unit.
- Remote working is being discussed within the team at the moment and 1-2 days a week working from home will be implemented by the end of the year.
- A $500 a year up skilling bonus which can be used for a course, books, new tech, whatever you want on the proviso it improves your skill set and interests you.
- A fair salary and work-life balance that will mean you aren’t burnt out in two years.
If the above outline grabs your attention please click ‘Apply’ to submit your resume or reach out to Alex – Alex@digitalent.agency for more information.
If this role isn’t for you but you’re interested in the other technology/creative roles we are recruiting for click this link to review the other roles we’re hiring for.
Check us out on Facebook here.