Our client, a large market leading technology manufacturer, are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join their software development team, supporting the development of their current and next generation products, by developing and maintaining their companion apps.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader who due to an increase in demand and investment need to grow their software development team.
The successful applicant will be a Senior Android Developer who will be involved in the development and maintenance of companion apps for current and next generation products. The apps themselves are cross platform Flutter apps which run on Android & iOS, and while previous Flutter experience isn’t essential, a desire a learn it is.
This role will place you in the heart of an expanding software team, you will work with technical peers and coordinate the day to day work with a project manager. You will also work with testing teams and software development centres in Asia.
The Ideal Candidate
- Expertise in Android app development at a Senior level, with experience in Java and Kotlin
- Is always expanding their knowledge on coding best practices
- Experience with Flutter and/or Dart is beneficial but NOT essential, however a desire to learn it is
- Embraces test driven development by writing tests on every level of the stack
- Knowledge of common data structures and space/time complexity
- Works independently on tricky technical challenges
- Strong communicator, ideally experienced in Scrum / Agile and is willing to be part of a cross-functional team
- Can wear multiple hats in day to day work. You will be tasked with sprint work, code reviews, peer feedback sessions and general research.
- iOS app development experience nice to have, but not essential
Our Client is Offering
- Remote work (but will need to attend their Caerphilly office near Cardiff for occasional visits e.g. once a month)
- Company bonus scheme
- Benefits package including private healthcare for you and your family
- Opportunity to gain Flutter experience
- Opportunity to grow professionally, including training and encouragement to attend conferences, meetups etc
If you are interested in building state of the art software for a market leader, an employer who encourage their staff to grow personally and professionally, please send us your CV now!!