Digitalent are proud to be partnering with a global technology consultancy who are on a growth trajectory. They were named the UK App Agency of the Year 2017 and RAR Digital Mobile Agency for 100+ staff in 2017.
Ideally, you will have a great passion for supporting the development and maintenance of large-scale Android applications, with hundreds and thousands of users covering an existing global user base. Our client’s requirements focus around a highly data-driven application, that is developed to a high quality, using clean architecture, and modern technologies such as Kotlin, RX, and LiveData.
This position is located in the company’s HQ in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Full-time Android application developer remotely working with a key end client (based in London) on a large scale financial platform using Citrix. This is a long-term, multi-year project with a dedicated team.
- Requires infrequent travel to client site in London (once every few months).
- Recognise problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently, or with remote colleagues
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning meetings and daily standups
- Contribute to the estimation of time and delivery of projects
- Work on a large scale, multi-module application that encompasses a variety of technologies including C++, Protobufs, Java, RX, and Kotlin
- 4+ years commercial experience developing for Android (Java)
- Good experience with Kotlin and RXJava
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – whether it be tracking down an obscure memory leak, or getting to the bottom of how best to translate business requirements into a fully implemented solution
- Strong opinions on what goes into making a good mobile app around areas such as performance, security and usability
- A solid understanding of networks, Protobufs, HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a mobile app consumes them
- An appreciation of mobile UX and knowledge of the Apple human interface guidelines
- Experience with, or a willingness to extend your skills in unit testing
- Working knowledge of Git, Jenkins Build Servers, Continuous Integration and other supporting systems
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Links that showcase your recent projects
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
What’s In It For You?
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays. While they count paid leave, it’s not metered.
- A company Macbook Pro
- A customised benefits package that works for you including childcare vouchers, discounted holidays etc.
- A transparent & open company culture where politics is shunned & everyone works as a team.