Digitalent are proud to be partnering with a leading UK retailer who are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to join their Web Development team. They are based in Newcastle upon Tyne, but Post-COVID this role can still be FULLY REMOTE OR alternatively office based.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team delivering complex internal, website and e-commerce projects, and should be comfortable writing nice, clean, lean and most importantly scalable code. This role will provide the opportunity to drive development and take increasing responsibility for projects and initiatives.
For this role, the most important thing that we are looking for is someone with the right attitude and approach to code. We are on the hunt for a Web Developer who is passionate and can offer their own ideas on solutions and how to tackle problems.
- Opportunity to work on end to end internal, website and E-Commerce solutions for an established and growing company as a Web Developer
- Creating scalable functionality for both websites and intranet systems
- Interpreting and helping to write requirement briefs, specifications, wireframes and designs
- Anticipating project development needs, raising potential issues to the team early, and proactively seeking solutions
- Collaborating with other members of the development team, and reporting into the Web Development Manager
- Agile working – to give their scrum teams the space to learn, collaborate, prioritise, refactor and improve
- A passion for database engineering will serve you well
- Full stack coding – they go where the work takes them, from React to PHP, or AWS to NodeJS
- Continuous delivery – they deploy several times a day and are passionate about automation
The Ideal Candidate:
- Frontend or Full Stack experience
- Experience with ANY Back End language preferred (e.g. Node, PHP, C#, Golang, Python, Java, Ruby)
- Any experience in SQL and AWS/Azure would be beneficial
- Experience in React or Angular also beneficial
- Passionate about web technologies with an interest in E-Commerce would be ideal
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum preferable
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Web Developer who is looking to take the next step in their career by joining a leading company who really invests in their Software Developers.
If you are interested in finding out more about this amazing opportunity, please send us your CV now!!