We are working with one of Australia’s success stories. The company has gone on from strength to strength since being established almost ten years ago.
They now sit at the top of their market with multi-million dollar turnover, an international presence and their position has been strengthened by the Covid-19 lockdown.
They are now on the hunt for a Tech Lead to lead a team of three Rails devs and assist with a company-wide re-platforming project.
The re-platforming is going to mean a migration away from monolith to a JAMstack. There is also going to be a focus on using GatsbyJS and conversations will be had around the best technology stack for the job. The CTO is open to looking at other database languages such as Elixir or Python, if they are the best tool to use.
Here’s what else you can expect from the position;
- Hands-on leadership of a Rails development team. You will need to have a solid Ruby on Rails background and have developed the skillset of more junior devs than yourself . Bonus points if you have used Elixir or Python or Go and feel comfortable talking about why they might be a better suited language to use.
- A focus on improving the quality and output of the development team. You will test your code and use pair programming to ensure the standard of the teams code improves over time.
- An ability to bring ideas to the table and challenge people more senior than you with well thought out solutions to problems faced.
- There is no micromanagement here. If you see a problem you are the first to raise your hand to fix it without the need for instruction.
- You will be joining a social bunch. These guys genuinely enjoy working with each other and it shows in the fact that it is very rare people leave the company at all.
- At the moment everyone is work from home, but as of October the offices will be located in Port Melbourne.
If you are looking for a chance to lead a dev team and also get involved in some cutting edge technology, then this role is the one for you.
This is also a role on offer to candidates with full Australian working rights. If you are a Tech Lead currently looking for a change of scenery please reach out to Alex on email@example.com
If this role doesn’t quite suit what you are looking for please check out our other vacancies at www.digitalent.agency